Sunday, April 13, 2014

New York State of Mind

I've visited New York City during every season of the year but I love this city most in the springtime.  The trees are just budding, the sky is blue and the air is warm and fresh.  We had a lovely four days here just being tourists.  I did manage to connect with Will who is the contact for an LGBT "baby boomer" group.  They weren't meeting while we were in town but Will said he would try to get me connected to the group through the on-line survey. 

We stayed in Jersey City, at a "campground" next to a marina.  It was really an eighty-dollar-a-day glorified parking lot but it provided easy access to public transportation.  On our first day in New York, we took our bikes and got on the ferry that ran from our marina to Battery Park.  We biked from the Battery to the Cloisters and back to the ferry dock.


On our return trip, I saw this sign in the Chelsea neighborhood.  Loved it!  It advertises a storage facility.  

1 comment:

  1. I just read every posting. It was an easy read - interesting, funny, touching and informative! Thank you for doing this for the 'us'! I hope we end up in the same community as you and Jane. Hugs, Theresa

    ReplyDelete