Monday, March 31, 2014

Nothing Could Be Finer.....

Pelican Inn at Pawleys Island
We've been taking it easy in Carolinas.  The weather has been cold, sometimes rainy and very windy.  We're currently sitting next to the beach at Cape Hatteras. 
Cape Hatteras Shore
I was hoping to meet with some residents at the new Carefree Cove community near Asheville, NC, but my email contact was delayed.  We were already at the coast when I got a response. There is still a chance to connect with some residents via a friend so will try that next.  FYI Asheville is a wonderful city with lots of great restaurants, art galleries and good music.  Last night we were able to get PBS with our RV antenna and caught a wonderful documentary on North Carolina bluegrass history and bluegrass festivals that are so popular here.  


I'm planning to gather data in the following states:  Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, Texas, Utah, Washington.  Originally, I was going to do interviews in North Carolina so am willing to take on another state on the trip, just need some suggestions.  If you have any states you think should be a part of the research, let me know.  Pennsylvania (particularly the Philadelphia area) is a possibility.  

I've also heard that people are having trouble making comments on my blog.  Not sure what is going on.  To make a comment, click on the "No Comments" at the end of the post and a text box should appear.  If you can't enter comments in the comment box, let me know by sending me an email at:  sandiegogals@gmail.com. Thanks for reading and feel free to comment, ask questions and make suggestions!
On the road in the Carolina mountains

2 comments:

  1. More stunning photographs and wonderful narrative! Although I'm not up on happenings in Pennsylvania, I'd vote for the Philadelphia area as another spot for interviews. Since Bryn Mawr College is just west of the city, there might be some contacts to follow up on. I will check with my favorite BMC grad (and her many alumnae contacts) to see if they have any suggestions. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Would appreciate a connection if you have one. I will certainly be checking out the new LGBT senior apartments that just opened.

      Delete